Reporters: Check Sheet
For determining which outcome is true, pay close attention to all of the market details. What is the resolution source?
- If the resolution source is “General Knowledge”, then the answer should be readily available, usually with a quick Internet search.
- If the resolution source is not “General Knowledge”, then the answer should be readily availble at the resolution source. Other sources of information should not be considered, unless the market instructs you to do so.
Pay particular attention to the end time of the market, and what the market is actually asking. If a timezone was not provided in the market question, reporters have been assuming UTC as a (sort-of) schelling point.
The market should be considered INVALID if any of the following are true:
- The question is subjective in nature.
- The outcome was not known at market end time.
- The title, details, end time, resolution source, and outcomes are in direct conflict with each other.
- There are strong arguments for the market resolving as multiple outcomes.
- The resolution source does not provide a readily available answer.
- The resolution source provides different answers to different viewers.
Have you visited one of the community resources for discussions on reporting Augur’s markets? There might be something you are not considering.